Sick bird?

Thanks, will learn about them soon or later! I'll like it if it turns out that I have 3 hens. Want the eggs but don't plan to get any more little ones.

Thanks much. I like your Elk picture. We have several nearby in the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Preserve. I go out shooting them with my Nikon pretty often. Thanks again.

Great points listed above. Glad you are seeing eggs ..... So I retreat my comment about egg bound. And yes, unless you have a heritage broad breasted, this can be a problem. Though we no longer carry turkeys our large white broad breasted was a heritage bird flock from porters rare heritage turkeys and they did breed naturally. They were huge! but so sweet and gentle. Miss my turkeys but I have memories :) I'll keep scanning this post but from my Non vet opinion all is looking very well. Have a blessed day!

Will turkeys and chickens stop laying when it gets very cold? My turkeys first 3 eggs were laid on very cold days and now she hasn't laid in 3 days...been snowing two of those days. Got first 2 hen eggs on same days + 1 but none last 2 days. Temp staying 24 to 30 degrees F. Can they hold'em when they want to? Just before this last cold spell, the temps had been in the 60's with a day or tow hitting 70. Unusually warm for February for a couple of weeks. The turkey laid the first 3 under a sheltered area on hay. If she decided to change locations, eggs could be covered by snow but I've only seen one area where they had scratched the snow out but no egg there. The chicken laying boxes are inside the coop & completely protected.

Back
Top Bottom