Sick birds from new farm? Awful smell/poop

LadyMay

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 1, 2014
PNW
I got some additional chicks and a couple 6+ week birds from a farm. I have 3 chicks already. I kept the new birds in a different room/brooder and the original chicks in a different one. Was going to keep them this way for two week quarantine.

The newer birds smell horrible. They may have the same amount of poop as the original chicks but it's 100x grosser smelling (no kidding). And there's weird colors to their cecum. The farm I got them from smelled this same way... super super strong.

Is it just their age difference? Could they be sick? I don't know what to do, if anything, about it.

No signs of cocci, feathers look fine, no lethargy or weird behavior. They have raw ACV in their water and same food as the original chicks.

Help?? Are they sick?

Sounds to me like that farm has some definite health problems. Be sure to keep the new ones completely separated from yours until you can figure out just what is wrong with them and correct the problem...

One of them seems to be sneezing and has a bit of a runny nose? I think? I just see mucus when she sneezes. Do I need to pull her from her group?

Back
Top Bottom