Sick birds, what's wrong???

@ChickensAreSweet - Thank you very much for the necroscopy link! That should really help for "next time!" (Although I sure hope there's NOT a "next time"...
tongue.png
)
@FlyHigher - From what I'm reading, it seems as if it were Fowl Cholera or VVND they'd all be dead now, right? Or am I missing something? Thanks for the suggestions!
@Jpickar - No, still haven't figured it out. Thankfully I haven't had any more casualties, but they aren't all better either. (Although they seem some better this morning.) I hope yours get better soon!
hugs.gif

As of this morning, they still have really puffy upper eyelids, (more properly, the area above their eye, not the lid itself,) and some of the hens are getting it now, too. Their stool is watery, (but their appetite is still solid!) Nearly all have dirty feathers near the vent... The only ones with "reluctance to move" or "leg problems" are the bigger ones, and since they're only 7 weeks old, yet larger than what you can buy in the store, I would have to chalk that up to the growth rate. (Their growth rate is just as fast as the Cornish Cross that I had last year! Only these Red Ranger are much more active than Cornish.) Other than that, I haven't seen anything wrong with them, except for the dead one last week. (Which I still don't understand...)

Thank you all very much for the input!

Recently I had 3 juniors die overnight with no symptoms the night before. Turned out to be a strain of coccidiosis. It just happened so fast. When I picked up the bodies, blood came out from their vents.

Back
Top Bottom