Sick Call Duck...

ducklover15

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2009
South-Eastern Michigan, USA
I have a very small white female call duck who has been acting sickly ever since I brought her home.

She lays around most of the day, she breaths very heavily, her eyes aren't as bright and open as my other ducks and her vent is dirty.

I've been putting electrolytes in the water everyday, but she hasn't gotten any better and it's been a couple weeks. The other two ducks I brought home with her are the perfect picture of health.

I just don't know what to do...I could take her to the vet but I don't have a vet that specializes in poultry anywhere near here so she'd be going to the local vet...

Anyone have any ideas?

That would make her 29 days old today! WOW!
ep.gif

I'm afraid I don't know what is wrong but here is a bump and I hope she gets better soon. Perhaps you could try posting this in the emergencies section too.
xxxxx

First thing I would do is take a stool sample to the vet for a worm check. If you don't want to do that, try a good, duck safe all around dewormer and use that. Make sure she keeps eating for you, keep her cool with lots of fresh water with electrolytes. Keep her vent clean and dry too. Offer treats like peas, yogurt, greens. I would def. keep her isolated from the others for now.

Back
Top Bottom