Sick chicken..advice needed :-(

Val3rie

Songster
11 Years
Jan 28, 2009
Long Island NY
I have a chicken that has had a poopie butt for a while. Last night she was really starting to reak so we gave her a bath (just the poopie part). I inspected her skin for any sign of anything and it looked ok so we put her up on the perch, as she had been on the coop floor. Today she is worse, her tail is down and she is kinda trying to eat "between her feet" she seems really wobbly and occasionally tries to right herself using her wing. She is reminding me of an owl, kind of all hunched over and her tail is down. I wonder if I should just cull her from my flock (we're down to only three) the other 2 girls seem happy and healthy. Should I leave her alone and let nature take its course? I'm wondering if its something contagious. She doesnt look good. She looked excited when I put our some "treat" but seemed to have too hard of a time trying to balance herself to eat it. The tail doesnt go up, when the head goes down. I'm so at a loss, please advise! The advice that I have gotten off this website has been just at good as my vet if not better!

Back
Top Bottom