Sick chicken day 2.😣

busymoosemom

In the Brooder
Feb 6, 2024
We thought she was egg bound, and gave her two warm baths in Epson salt last night and proceeded to expel from her vent. Just gave her another warm epson salt bath. Now she won’t stand up on her own. Anything that I have given her through the syringe she threw back up. She doesn’t feel egg bound with a simple probe. Now she’s shaking her head every 20 seconds.

Attachments

• 4D09533E-5936-46F7-A4C7-7FB370881E44.jpeg
    4D09533E-5936-46F7-A4C7-7FB370881E44.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 25
We thought she was egg bound, and gave her two warm baths in Epson salt last night and proceeded to expel from her vent. Just gave her another warm epson salt bath. Now she won’t stand up on her own. Anything that I have given her through the syringe she threw back up. She doesn’t feel egg bound with a simple probe. Now she’s shaking her head every 20 seconds.
I’m sorry about your hen! I hope you can get some help and she’ll get better! @azygous @Eggcessive @fluffycrow

Did you chicken live? I see in your introduction thread, some pictures of your chicken. Has it been cold where you live? In one picture the foot on the left looks darker. Is she walking now?

She’s become a house chicken. She’s back to normal. The rooster and other hens won’t accept her back. She hasn’t laid an egg yet, but poops fine. Thanks for asking.

Back
Top Bottom