Sick chicken..day 3

Thank you for advice. They get rooster booster all summer to hel them thru heat and humidity. I just stopped it to give the Corid. I will research fowl pox.
Okay. i wouldnt be to worried, it probsbly isnt fowl pox. But it could be, if it is, it is contagious. and no problem, Happy to help

Update: she is still not 100 percent but starting to move more, not as puffed up, better stools, and is more interested in eating. I kept her inside for several afternoons and used dropper to give her water with vet rx and corid. Also put in the flock's main waterer. Hopefully she is starting to turn the corner. Thank you to everyone.

Update: she is still not 100 percent but starting to move more, not as puffed up, better stools, and is more interested in eating. I kept her inside for several afternoons and used dropper to give her water with vet rx and corid. Also put in the flock's main waterer. Hopefully she is starting to turn the corner. Thank you to everyone.
No problem! When she starts to get better you can feed her mash (water + kibble food) dont do It now though, it will clog her up.

make sure to keep giving her electrolytes and keeping a close eye on her.

Glad she is doing better. You don’t have to change the sand, but just keep things dry. Sand is very good bedding, and you can sometimes pick up droppings with a cat litter shovel, or sweep them into a pile and pick up.

Glad she is doing better. You don’t have to change the sand, but just keep things dry. Sand is very good bedding, and you can sometimes pick up droppings with a cat litter shovel, or sweep them into a pile and pick up.
Yes! It works wonderful fir my dust bathe, scooping the poop or debre out is SO easy

I love it too. We use a cat scoop too and mix in DE. I also use poultry protector and spray the hens quarterly. I add some shavings on top in winter to add some insulation.

I love it too. We use a cat scoop too and mix in DE. I also use poultry protector and spray the hens quarterly. I add some shavings on top in winter to add some insulation.
Yes, shavings work amazing for some insulation, i use hay though, as i find it stinks to the poo great (shavings do to)

Back
Top Bottom