Sick chicken, died within 24 hours.

Beccastephens88

Hatching
May 4, 2020
We had a hen that was sick Saturday evening, lethargic, drinking lots of water, not sure about appetite, no diarrhea that we could tell, no mites or lice . We gave her electrolytes and nutridrench. She was dead the next morning. None of our other chickens have shown any symptoms. I was just curious what y’all thought could have caused her death.

I'm so sorry. I lost one last week with no warning and it's doubly hard when you don't know the cause. Things I ran through my own mind were where in the yard was she the day before? What was she eating? Was there anything different? I had taken some photos of our garden the day before she died and the chickens were around in those so I took a look back at her comb color. I think there are a lot of things that could have happened, so watch your chickens carefully!

I'm so sorry. I lost one last week with no warning and it's doubly hard when you don't know the cause. Things I ran through my own mind were where in the yard was she the day before? What was she eating? Was there anything different? I had taken some photos of our garden the day before she died and the chickens were around in those so I took a look back at her comb color. I think there are a lot of things that could have happened, so watch your chickens carefully!
Thank you!!! I always try watch them but I still don’t know happened! 😢

Back
Top Bottom