Sick Chicken Directions

MamaChick0708

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2016
Want to know if there is anything else I should be looking for or doing.

I have a 23 week old Copper Maran who has not laid yet. Two weeks ago I introduced a few new birds into our flock and Monday of this week I noticed bloody pudding poop, figuring it was Cocci I began treating with Corid. Nobody really seemed sick until this morning my Maran is acting lethargic and her comb is slightly pale. I pulled her immediately and put her in a "sick" bed with corrid water and mash for food. After a lot of reading I decided to make sure she wasn't egg bound and did and exam but didn't feel anything, however my figure had a small amount of yellow poop on it when I pulled it out, almost scrambled egg color and I noticed a little on her feathers, also seemed to be squatting a lot more afterwards as if straining to poop. I'm thinking its just from the cocci but wanted to make sure that I had done what I was supposed to do. I have been treating the whole flock and was told that corid can make chickens feel crappy. Since I'm new to all of this I will take any advice on anything else you would consider that I should check out.

Back
Top Bottom