Sick Chicken help please!

RobPro

Hatching
Dec 20, 2016
Hello, I have 4 Lohman cross hybrid hens that I got as pullets in March last year. They have a coop within a larger walk in run. They have unfortunately been confined to the run (which is good size for 4 hens) but haven't been able to be let out into the field due to the bird flu warning earlier this month.

They have all been healthy apart from one that I think had sour crop (which I cured).

When the door on the coop is opened in the morning, all four usually barge eachother out the way to get to the food and water, however today one of the girl sat on the doorstep and didn't go to the food. I had a feel of her crop and that was fine, but when I picked her up, there is a loss of feathers from her under side and some feather loss around the base of her head. She is also not moving much, not making the effort to eat, just making small movements and on one leg, (the other foot held up and curled).

I noticed some white poo on the feathers around her bum too.

So:

Lack of movement
(This late in the day - very small crop (not eaten much at all)
Loss of feathers on underside and around head.
Potential diarrhoea

What would you say, considering the other three chickens who are in close contact and share everything are perky and normal?

Thanks a lot

I'll have to have a better look. I would have thought if one has them that they all would.

Back
Top Bottom