SICK CHICKEN, HELP

Peanutman69

In the Brooder
May 21, 2017
I have a 6 month old Golden sex link and she looks healthy. My problem is yesterday I found her just sitting with her tail cocked to one side. I am pretty sure she hasn't started laying yet. Can anyone PLEASE tell me what might be going on. THANKS !!

She may have what is called wry tail, a common deformity. It doesn't affect their ability to lay, or hurt them in any way, but it can be hereditary, so I would not hatch any of her eggs. For people who show chickens or breed for proper breed standards, it is a disqualification. I had a handsome black copper Marans once who I was going to breed, but he had wry tail.

She may have what is called wry tail, a common deformity. It doesn't affect their ability to lay, or hurt them in any way, but it can be hereditary, so I would not hatch any of her eggs. For people who show chickens or breed for proper breed standards, it is a disqualification. I had a handsome black copper Marans once who I was going to breed, but he had wry tail.
I understand what your saying but she was normal until 2 days ago. That's when I found her just sitting and looking sick. She still sitting and not doing any better, but I do have her separated from the flock. Just don't know what to do ????

Can you post some photos or a video of her?
Check her over well - does she have any bloat/swelling of the abdomen, look at her legs and feet (bottoms too) for any cuts, scabs or inflammation.

At 6months old a Golden Sex Link should be laying by now.

I would agree that photos may help. Perhaps she was injured. She sounds like she is sick though, and giving her a real going over to check her for egg binding, crop problems, and look at her droppings may help. Feel for weight loss, look for lice or mites around her vent, and make sure that she is eating and drinking.

uno.jpg

wry tail

Back
Top Bottom