Sick chicken HELP!

Carolinaschicken

Hatching
Jul 11, 2023
About 3 days ago my leghorn chicken started showing symptoms of being sick. She won’t stand/can’t stand on her own, extremely lethargic, her wings seem limp, her comb is flipped over, she makes a strange gurgling sound/muffled sound, and she has this white on the side of her face I’m not sure what it is. Although she is sick she still eats and drinks very well but has to be put right in front of her because she won’t walk. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated !!
009D4E14-06B3-4482-8DF7-3804665A11C9.jpeg

Have you given her an examination especially her leg and bottom of her feet?
Yes I examined her feet and toes, they seem completely normal don’t seem to have any injury when I pick her up she moves them curls her toes moves her legs but when trying to stand up she just seems like she doesn’t have the power to do so, her feet aren’t scaly or anything they look normal to me

How old is she? Does she lay eggs? Is she starting to molt? If you can try some chick vitamins with riboflavin, or human B complex 1/4-1/2 tablet daily, I would start some.

How old is she? Does she lay eggs? Is she starting to molt? If you can try some chick vitamins with riboflavin, or human B complex 1/4-1/2 tablet daily, I would start some.
She’s about 4 years old, I don’t believe she is molting I have started giving her vitamins and a drop of oil of oregano. I’m just wondering if it could possibly be something like Mareks disease, coccidiosis, or cholera,

Try giving her some fluids orally held up to her beak. Electrolytes, Gatorade, or similar. The white is her earlobe, which is normal. At 4, she could have some reproductive disorder or crop problem. Check her crop early in the morning before she has anything to eat or drink. Coccidiosis is usually seen in young chickens unless there is some immunity problem. Mareks usually causes symptoms in the first year of life. Have you added any new birds recently? Worming her with SafeGuard or Valbazen may help if she has worms.

Back
Top Bottom