Sick chicken jerking her head backwards while pushing her body against the wall

How is she?
Thank you for asking!
She's better but not quite her old-self yet. Even though she's mixing in with other chickens she gets pecked more than before she got sick. Now she's the bottom of the pecking order. The chicken who was the bottom before now follows around and pecks her more than other chickens, enjoying the new position and power.
So she tends to stay alone hiding from others. But sometimes she seems fine around others. So I let her be. I used to put her in a shelter alone but she kept flying into the wall trying to get out. So I let her out.
In the last two evenings, I was going to let her roost in the coop but she kept staying outside until dark. So I put her in the shed again tonight.
She's eating okay as she gets to eat alone in the shed in the morning and evening. I'm not sure if she goes into the run to eat during the day as she stays away from that area.
Well, at least I saw her running towards me when I brought out some treat which is a good sign even though she got chased away by other chickens soon after.
She wasn't the strongest or the most energetic one to begin with. One of her toes got crooked earlier on and it might've given her a disadvantage.
I think it must be tough to be low on the pecking order. She started to lay eggs the last and often looked timid and tired from walking with the crooked toe. But that's what makes me feel more attached to her, Crook.

How is she now?
Thank you for asking. She's looking pretty normal so I put her in the coop for the first time since she got sick. She looked a bit awkward roosting and even fell from it once trying to walk on it. She then wanted to sleep in the nesting box but I put her on a roost again. She positioned herself almost paralleled to it so I let her be.
Hope her crooked toe is not hurting her or anything now. I noticed her crooked toe months ago and she'd been fine roosting at night until she got sick.

Thank you for asking. She's looking pretty normal so I put her in the coop for the first time since she got sick. She looked a bit awkward roosting and even fell from it once trying to walk on it. She then wanted to sleep in the nesting box but I put her on a roost again. She positioned herself almost paralleled to it so I let her be.
Hope her crooked toe is not hurting her or anything now. I noticed her crooked toe months ago and she'd been fine roosting at night until she got sick.
Glad she's doing ok!

Yes, she is. She looks generally better even though she's not as lively as others yet. It's mainly her closing an eye that keeps me worried.
I can't do much about it other than feeding her an egg and vitamin gummies occasionally. I'm keeping her in a warmer place at night too.

Did you give her the vitamin E 400 IU and BComplex that was recommended for neurological problems? Sorry that her eye is staying closed. Can you look into it, and irrigate it with some saline or eye wash? Look to see if there are bubbles or gunk in it, or any difference in her other eye. Is she eating better?

Did you give her the vitamin E 400 IU and BComplex that was recommended for neurological problems? Sorry that her eye is staying closed. Can you look into it, and irrigate it with some saline or eye wash? Look to see if there are bubbles or gunk in it, or any difference in her other eye. Is she eating better?
Thank you for asking.
I don't have E or B so I gave her a multivitamin gummy a few times. I think eggs have lots of vitamins including E and B.
She just close one eye often but not all the time.
There's no bubbles or gunk in it either. It just looks just the same as the other eye.
She's eating better especially when I give her eggs or meat. I gave her some meat today and she tried to eat my finger twice.
She even had a dust bath today so I was hopeful. I'll have to wait and see. Tomorrow she's getting scrambled egg for breakfast again.

Back
Top Bottom