Sick chicken jerking her head backwards while pushing her body against the wall

Vitamin E 400 IU softgels are found at most Walmarts for under $5. It has a lot more than you can get from foods. Nuts, sunflower seeds, tuna, shrimp all have E, but she needs to be mostly eating chicken feed which is more balanced for her. E is the best for treating neurological issues.

Vitamin E 400 IU softgels are found at most Walmarts for under $5. It has a lot more than you can get from foods. Nuts, sunflower seeds, tuna, shrimp all have E, but she needs to be mostly eating chicken feed which is more balanced for her. E is the best for treating neurological issues.
I go to town once every few weeks and the last time I went it looked like she was doing better. I'll get vitamin E and B next time I go. Thank you!

I don't know.
She hasn't jerked her head after the first night. She still eats and drinks okay and likes eating scrambled egg or meat. When she has a chance, she does dust bathing.
But she's still closing her eye maybe a bit more often than before. I don't see anything wrong with her eyes though.
I've heard her sneeze a few times and her nose sometimes looks a tad bit runny with clear discharge but often it looks okay.
It's been like this for almost 3 weeks so I don't even know how well she is now. Can a chicken be sick for months?

I don't know.
She hasn't jerked her head after the first night. She still eats and drinks okay and likes eating scrambled egg or meat. When she has a chance, she does dust bathing.
But she's still closing her eye maybe a bit more often than before. I don't see anything wrong with her eyes though.
I've heard her sneeze a few times and her nose sometimes looks a tad bit runny with clear discharge but often it looks okay.
It's been like this for almost 3 weeks so I don't even know how well she is now.
How lethargic is she?
Can a chicken be sick for months?
It depends on what illness they have, but yes, a chicken can be sick for months.

How lethargic is she?

It depends on what illness they have, but yes, a chicken can be sick for months.
She's moving around a bit but she does less preening, pecking on the ground or running. She's definitely subdued but she wasn't that energetic before she got sick.
I thought it might be her crooked toe that was causing pain. She was often standig on one foot, lifting the other with the crooked toe.
So, it's hard to know but she might be 70% energetic compared to before.
She was crying often in the storage room today so I let her out in a picnic shelter with fine mesh walls during the day.
I'm not 100% sure whether her illness is contagious or not, so I decided to keep her separated from her flock again.

She's moving around a bit but she does less preening, pecking on the ground or running. She's definitely subdued but she wasn't that energetic before she got sick.
I thought it might be her crooked toe that was causing pain. She was often standig on one foot, lifting the other with the crooked toe.
So, it's hard to know but she might be 70% energetic compared to before.
She was crying often in the storage room today so I let her out in a picnic shelter with fine mesh walls during the day.
I'm not 100% sure whether her illness is contagious or not, so I decided to keep her separated from her flock again.
How is the head jerking?

Back
Top Bottom