Sick Chicken? Throwing up and won't move

Chickie13

Chirping
8 Years
May 26, 2013
Yesterday I went up to the coop to put all the chickens up. I shook their treats and 6 of the 7 chickens came. I got worried, thinking there might have been an animal attack or Daisy (the chicken who hadn't come) got tangled in something because the chickens ALWAYS come when their treats are involved. It turned out she was standing in the bush, and she wouldn't move. I went up to her, called her, and shook the treats but she wouldn't come, so I had to walk into the bush and carry her out. I set her down outside and nothing looked wrong, but she wouldn't walk. I picked her up and set her on her perch in the coop, and then she threw up. It just looked like water coming up, I also think there was a brownish larva-worm like thing she may have eaten earlier. The next day she came down from her perch but wouldn't walk much. I don't think she's been laying either but it's hard to tell with seven other chickens. I'm about to go check on her now and will keep this thread updated. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Yesterday I went up to the coop to put all the chickens up. I shook their treats and 6 of the 7 chickens came. I got worried, thinking there might have been an animal attack or Daisy (the chicken who hadn't come) got tangled in something because the chickens ALWAYS come when their treats are involved. It turned out she was standing in the bush, and she wouldn't move. I went up to her, called her, and shook the treats but she wouldn't come, so I had to walk into the bush and carry her out. I set her down outside and nothing looked wrong, but she wouldn't walk. I picked her up and set her on her perch in the coop, and then she threw up. It just looked like water coming up, I also think there was a brownish larva-worm like thing she may have eaten earlier. The next day she came down from her perch but wouldn't walk much. I don't think she's been laying either but it's hard to tell with seven other chickens. I'm about to go check on her now and will keep this thread updated. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

I just went up to the coop, she hasn't left it all day to forage with the others. She ate a few treats (dried mealworms) when I was putting the others up. She walked slowly and looked a little huffed up and uncomfortable. After moving a bit and pecking at the mealworms a string of yellowish liquid came out of her mouth, and it was the consistency of an egg. Could she be eating eggs which makes her sick? It would explain the lack of eggs in the coop. What should I do? Please help!

Back
Top Bottom