1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sick chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by balingmomma88, Feb 26, 2016.

1. balingmomma88

balingmomma88 Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2015
    Lake villa, il
    Help! I'm new to the chicken scene and I believe one of my birds is sick! She's about a year old and she is an Easter egger. She isn't laying anymore (day 4 of no eggs from her), she won't come when I shake treats like she used to, she won't stay with the rest of the flock ( she goes off and sits by herself). I checked her butt this morning and there was a bunch of yellow,green diarrhea on her feathers and it smelled. I washed her really good. Could she have just had pasty butt? I don't think she is eating or drinking very well either.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    Sounds sorta like cocci. give her some ACV, and electrolytes.

3. balingmomma88

balingmomma88 Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2015
    Lake villa, il
    Should I separate her? I'm wondering if the other chickens are picking on her.

4. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    Sorry I've been off a couple days yes you should separate her and get her feeling better before she goes back to the group.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by