Sick Chicken

I don't know if i'm posting in right place. I'm not hatching, my chicken is just shy of a year old and has been very healthy till now. She has a temp of 109, I've taken her to the vet and they've put her on antibiotics with low hopes of survival. She is not egg bound, is a little dehydrated and skinny, so I apparently missed the early warning signs that something was wrong. I'm putting colloidal silver in the water to try and protect the other girls. Any one have experience with this. I'm so sad. She will drink water out of my hand, but she still can't hold her little head up. Should we try feeding her??? I am Open to feedback. The vet doesn't have a clue what could be wrong with her. Other than she's sick. We have her in the house isolated and are keeping her warm and watching her.

No smell, she's about a year old. The vet checked her thoroughly and couldn't see anything wrong physically. The vet gave her baytril. She is drinking water out of our hands. Should we feed her, my friend is watching her while I'm at work, and she doesn't want to feed her till she can hold her head up on her own, I'm wondering if she needs food so she can build up her strength so she can hold her head up.

she had her neck stretched out and hung down, kind of shaking. I think she laid an egg this morning, it was not in the nest, it was in the middle of the coop and broken, which is not normal.
Can you post some photos or a video of her? upload videos to youtube then provide us a link.

The neck stretched out and hung down/kind of shaking...
That sounds neurological.
What are you feeding her? Has she had access to anything rotten/moldy or toxic when she was outside?

In addition to the good advise you have received so far, I would give her some poultry vitamins that contain Vitamin E and B1. Poultry cell or something similar would be good.
Is she crop emptying completely overnight?

Back
Top Bottom