Sick chicken

Hoppersway

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 22, 2017
My road island red is acting sluggish and her come had dropped over. Not sure what’s up. She is drinking a little water and eating very little. And she appears to have diarrhea What might be happening?

How old is she? Does she lay eggs? How does her crop feel—empty and flat, full, puffy, doughy, or hard? Is her lower belly between her legs enlarged or distended compared to the others? Cpictures of poops are good. an you get some Poultry NutriDrench or vitamins with electrolytes for chickens, and give some? PND dosage is 2 ml daily for up to 6 pounds. Offer her some very wet chicken feed, bits of scrambled egg, canned cat food, or tuna, which are some things to stimulate her appetite. If her crop is full just feed some liquids or mushy foods.

How old is she? Does she lay eggs? How does her crop feel—empty and flat, full, puffy, doughy, or hard? Is her lower belly between her legs enlarged or distended compared to the others? Cpictures of poops are good. an you get some Poultry NutriDrench or vitamins with electrolytes for chickens, and give some? PND dosage is 2 ml daily for up to 6 pounds. Offer her some very wet chicken feed, bits of scrambled egg, canned cat food, or tuna, which are some things to stimulate her appetite. If her crop is full just feed some liquids or mushy foods.
She is 3 and her crop was full yesterday but good today. Lower belly seems enlarged but soft I checked for an egg but there was none. And yes I can get and give some vitamins to her. I will try soft food and she does eat worms dried

The pictures are not showing up. At 3 years, a reproductive disorder such as salpingitis, internal laying, egg yolk peritonitis, or ascites could be common. Crop problems can happen on their own, or sometimes can be common when a crop slows down, backing up the digestive system due to pressure in the abdomen from infection or fluid. Check the crop early in the morning to see if it is emptying overnight.

Back
Top Bottom