Sick chicken

If you just treated for coccidiosis maybe she was not fully cured for some reason. If you still have corid on hand I would dose her it won't hurt. I had a friend that had some chicken that just had white/yellow diarrhea with no blood. She had U.S.D.A. come out to test her chicken thinking it was something worse. But it was coccidiosis. But she lost 10 young chicken.
Oh and yes I may try corrid again. Good idea!

Well if the eggs breaks it can cause a bad infection. From what I read anyways. Lack of pooping is most likely do to not eating. I would let her be and hope she can overcome what's wrong. Or take her to a vet. I know myself I can't afford a vet. I have to put down 2 chicken with a CO2 chamber.

Corid is not going to help if she's having reproductive issues. It won't hurt her, but it's a Coccidiostat used to treat Coccidiosis (overload of Coccidia in the intestines).

You know that she is in lay right? She's young.
She has not pooped in 24hrs or so - not at all? If not, then if she's not in crisis now, she will be very soon. She may be struggling passing an egg, I would not push any further if it's painful for her. Get fluids into her and give her 1 Caltrate daily.
IF She's not lethargic, then you can give her a soak in a warm epsom salts bath. If she's lethargic, you can place her in a steamed up bathroom or provide her with a heating pad to sit on, but make sure she's got room to move off the pad if she wants.

Back
Top Bottom