Sick chickens dying. Thought it was coccidiosis then sour crop but it isn’t

kmxlo

Hatching
May 23, 2024
And 3rd is sick! :(
She is isolated. I’m scared my whole flock is going to die from this. Please help.
The 2 that died had the same symptoms. Standing weird so I thought it was coccidiosis but they both made a weird gurgling sound like if they had mucus in their nose or mouth…They both drank a lot of water and seemed to be eating but they died a day or 2 later…I thought maybe sour crop but now a 3rd one is sick. Does this sound familiar to anyone? TIA

And 3rd is sick! :(
She is isolated. I’m scared my whole flock is going to die from this. Please help.
The 2 that died had the same symptoms. Standing weird so I thought it was coccidiosis but they both made a weird gurgling sound like if they had mucus in their nose or mouth…They both drank a lot of water and seemed to be eating but they died a day or 2 later…I thought maybe sour crop but now a 3rd one is sick. Does this sound familiar to anyone? TIA
Welcome To BYC

Sorry that you're having trouble - please give us more information.

Can you post photos of the birds and their poop?

How old are they?

You thought Coccidiosis, did you treat for that? If so, what did you use, the dosage and duration.

What do you feed, including treats?

Do they have grit (crushed granite)?

What do the crops feel like?

Have you looked inside the beaks for any lesions or canker?

Do you notice any symptoms of respiratory illness - mucous, coughing, sneezing, bubbly eyes, pus, etc.?

Have you brought in any new birds recently (last 30 days)?

Do you live in the U.S.?

Have you dewormed your flock?

If crops are not emptying, then begin addressing that symptom::
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Losing birds in short period of time, it's a good idea to get testing/necropsy through your state lab to get more info on what you're dealing with::
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Back
Top Bottom