Sick chickens

katieyoung91

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2021
Hello

Im looking for some advise

so a couple of weeks ago one of my chickens got sick presenting only what I can describe as a cold gargling breathing not herself wouldn’t eat or drink, through home remedies I managed to save her (I isolated her as soon as I saw she was lll)
And may I add now Ive rang 3 local vets and none will take on new clients !!
Since then from the same coop another chicken got sick bright green diarrhoea not herself quite pale but she did not have the gargling breathing she unfortunately passed away 3 days later,
Now in one of my other coop one of the chickens is by herself puffed up opening her mouth with what I can hear gargling breathing :(

Im looking for any advice as to what I can do as I don’t want to lose all my birds but I seem to be getting a few I’ll within the space of a few weeks
Any help Is appreciated

like I said above I have tried the vets but no one is taking on new clients !!

Hello

Im looking for some advise

so a couple of weeks ago one of my chickens got sick presenting only what I can describe as a cold gargling breathing not herself wouldn’t eat or drink, through home remedies I managed to save her (I isolated her as soon as I saw she was lll)
And may I add now Ive rang 3 local vets and none will take on new clients !!
Since then from the same coop another chicken got sick bright green diarrhoea not herself quite pale but she did not have the gargling breathing she unfortunately passed away 3 days later,
Now in one of my other coop one of the chickens is by herself puffed up opening her mouth with what I can hear gargling breathing :(

Im looking for any advice as to what I can do as I don’t want to lose all my birds but I seem to be getting a few I’ll within the space of a few weeks
Any help Is appreciated

like I said above I have tried the vets but no one is taking on new clients !!

If they are gaping, it's tapeworm and needs flubenvet wormer. If it's gurgling breathing, it sounds like respiratory and needs Tylan antibiotic in water.

They only problem is I can’t get antibiotics as it needs a vet and I can’t get to see a vet as none are taking on new clients

They only problem is I can’t get antibiotics as it needs a vet and I can’t get to see a vet as none are taking on new clients
There are sites you can go to. I have, but it takes 2 weeks from China I think.
.I get Baytril, ivermectin,tylan,metacam

Can you please post photos of the chicken and poop?

Are crops emptying overnight?
Any moldy feed?
How old are they?
Do they lay eggs?
Where are you located in the world?
Have you added new birds recently?

A few things come to mind when folks mention gargling breathing - respiratory disease, crop symptoms or something environmental (not enough ventilation/ammonia).

There are sites you can go to. I have, but it takes 2 weeks from China I think.
.I get Baytril, ivermectin,tylan,metacam
Oh really I didn’t no that !! I did order some thing off eBay called enrofloxin have you used that ?
It says it’s the equal to baytril ?
could you give me a site I could look at please

Back
Top Bottom