Sick chickens

JordannL

Songster
Jul 7, 2023
W.V.
I walked out to my coop to check on my chickens because one of my roosters was making a silly sound. Upon entering, I noticed my Polish Rooster was walking and basically tripped over everyone and everything in his path. I observed him to see what was happening. Then, he started shaking. He was still standing, but his head was shaking kind of fast. I tried picking him up, but he resisted. He's never done that before. He lowered his back to where his butt was on the ground. I gave him a second and tried again. He let me lift him up, and set him up on a roosting bar. I was trying to check to see if his crest was bothering him because he seemed like he couldn't see, considering he was tripping and walking over everything. I noticed his eyes are puffed up and there is barely a gap for him to see out of. He can't see his food, so I tried hand feeding him to help. He took a few minutes to find the water. I have no idea what this is. I am still new to chickens so I researched his symptoms and so many things come up. I don't know what to start with because I don't know what this could be. I don't have the money for a vet visit. Do you have any clue what it could be or where to start? I keep seeing VetRX. Should I get some? I've also seen other threads saying Vicks? Please help if you can. I don't have any pictures yet because this happened later this evening. But I'll definitely take pictures in the morning to see if it makes a difference with symptoms.

Edit!: More chickens are now showing the same symptoms.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom