Sick duck

dishfickle

Songster
11 Years
Jan 26, 2012
I had just two ducks left. They are on the house whole one was recovering from an animal attack. The call wasn't as perky as usual last night. She was dead this afternoon. Ok, my runner is left. Her eyes are runny, and I think she has diarrhea. The other didn't have any of these symptoms. I have another vet appt this afternoon. My question is this, I have a friend that will take her. She has a quarantine area, but it's outside, it's gotten cold lately. I don't want her to be alone, I know that ducks mad other ducks. What should I do?

I'd let your friend take her. You're right that she shouldn't be alone. Do you know for sure she is healthy and worm-free? If she has a house in the quarantine area she should be fine in the cold, although your profile doesn't say where you are from so not sure how cold is cold for you. It was under 50° here yesterday and my ducks were in their pool .

Ahh. Too late. I took her to the vet, and I had her put down. She was suspicious that it may have been avian flu. She was really sick, and had lost weight since she'd been in last. I can't believe how fast it happened. We're very sad

Ahh. Too late.
Thanks, do you think it's possible that the mink that attacked her could have previously attached a wild duck that had it? She was so injured from before, she was weak, I guess it could have been anything. Heather was weird, nighttime she was a little off, dead the next day. No weepy eyes, no diarrhea, nothing.

Back
Top Bottom