Sick duck?

lilohi

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2020
I have a month old duck who suddenly started behaving strangely yesterday. Usually it’s very active and chirpy and follows me around but now it seems very lethargic and hides away in the corners, making kinda small whimpering noises. I’m not sure what to do and I’m very worried. Please help!

I have a month old duck who suddenly started behaving strangely yesterday. Usually it’s very active and chirpy and follows me around but now it seems very lethargic and hides away in the corners, making kinda small whimpering noises. I’m not sure what to do and I’m very worried. Please help!
Is it the only duckling?
What feed are you feeding?
Does you duckling have water deep enough to dunk it's entire head?
Picture of sucking and brooder set up would also be helpful.

Non-specific signs such as lethargy are hard to diagnose over the internet; your best bet to resolve the problem would be to see a veterinarian in your area that is experienced with birds.
Until then, consider moving the duckling into a separated enclosure near the flock with access to feed, and water. The area should be warm, and away from anything such as dogs/cats that could stress the duckling out.
If the bird is willing to drink/eat, try offering some warm electrolyte fluids, and mashed scrambled eggs. Both will help address any current (fluid, electrolyte, and nutritional) deficits, and get the bird into a more stable condtion.
In the case you cannot see a veterinarian, please post a video of the duckling, as well as any information you may think would be useful. ( diet, fecal pictures, past illness, etc)

Back
Top Bottom