Sick duck

Dozalay10

In the Brooder
Dec 27, 2023
My name is Amanda. I am new to the group. We have chickens, muscovies, and blue Swedish on our property. This past week one of my blue Swedish (around 5 years old) has not been wanting to come out of our smaller pond. So I have been feeding her on the bank while she was still in the water. I went to do the same today and couldn’t find her. She was in a thicket and wasn’t interested in food. I brought her in the house to warm her up. She seemed like she was shivering and it was only in the 20s this morning. She’s been on a pillow in front of my fire all day. She’s finally sitting up like a duck and not with her neck stretched. She’s only interested in water not food. She just threw up some water. Any advice or help is appreciated. We have never had any issues before

-what does her poop look like?
-can you feel her throat and crop and belly for foreign objects? or for possibly a stuck egg?
-what feed has she been on?
-do you have nutridrench or the rooster booster brand vitamin mixture called Poultry Cell, if you can get that and start giving her some in her water.
@Miss Lydia @Luv Ducks

My name is Amanda. I am new to the group. We have chickens, muscovies, and blue Swedish on our property. This past week one of my blue Swedish (around 5 years old) has not been wanting to come out of our smaller pond. So I have been feeding her on the bank while she was still in the water. I went to do the same today and couldn’t find her. She was in a thicket and wasn’t interested in food. I brought her in the house to warm her up. She seemed like she was shivering and it was only in the 20s this morning. She’s been on a pillow in front of my fire all day. She’s finally sitting up like a duck and not with her neck stretched. She’s only interested in water not food. She just threw up some water. Any advice or help is appreciated. We have never had any issues before
Can you open her mouth and look into it to see if you see anything abnormal in her mouth or throat? Is she any better? It sounds like she has ingested something that she should not have. Sometimes they can get long grasses stuck in their throats. I pray she is better.

Back
Top Bottom