Sick gosling help needed

pinksapphire

Songster
10 Years
Sep 22, 2013
A week ago I got two goslings to put with my lone goose, they are about 3-4 weeks old.
A few days ago I noticed that one of the goslings hand dark circles around it eyes.
Today it has got way worse, its eyes are partly closed, watery with dark circles around the eyes and it seems to be finding it hard to see.
And on its legs, feet and beak the skin is peeling off in places.
It is eating and drinking but sitting down most of the time.
If anyone has any idea what this might be and how to treat it any advise would be much appreciated

Are you giving your gosling niacin or Nutritional yeast along with proper feed? Water fowl especially if being raised on chick starter[which most of us have to use] can be deficient in B3 so they need to be supplemented. This maybe the problem since it's struggling to stand and walk. It can also cause neurological issues if they don't get the proper amount of B3. So asap to your local health food store and get some Nutritional Yeast and put 1 tab per cup of feed. till goslings are at least 10 weeks old. Or get human niacin but it has to be plain not time released or flush free. And the amount is 150 mgs per gallon of water. per day till 10 weeks old.

No one is picking on the gosling?

What are you feeding them?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom