1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sick gosling

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Laney3535, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Laney3535

Laney3535 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2014
    Oregon
    My neighbor gave me a gosling the h goose hatched out because she abandoned it. It's about 2 weeks old. I left her with a friend when I went out of town a I came back to a raspy gaspy gosling. I can hear every breath she takes its squeaky. She had no food or water when I got home. And some of the food had stayed wet and had an bit of mold I cleaned out the whole cage and gave clean food and water. Vet rx only helps for half an hour then she's raspy again... help!

2. Laney3535

Laney3535 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2014
    Oregon
    Anyone???? Please help me

3. The goose girl

The goose girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Denmark
    I'd take her to a vet ASAP. She has some kind of respiratory infection and needs penicillin/antibiotics and preferably a painkiller. I don't remember what kind of penicillin, and I have no idea what dose - it depends on her weight. My gosling weighed 11 pounds when she got sick. She got better within a few hours after visiting the vet, and she recovered completely.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by