Sick hen, need help!

BantamLover89

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2015
Lisbon,Portugal
Hi, i have 2 heritage bronze turkeys, a tom and a hen, yesterday morning i realized the hen was not acting normal, so i isolated her, by now the only signs i can see are lethargy, tail dropped down, very liquid stools, almost only water with a lot of white(urates?), she don't eat, drank a lot of water this morning, but now is not drinking, sometimes she moves a bit around, and i can feel some seeds and water in the crop, i think she has the same seeds in the crop since yesterday, the crop is almost empty, just feel some seeds and water. Also this morning she had a diarrhea with a little dark green in it, it seemed to me to be just digested weeds at stuff. I don't know if it helps but i have a flock of bantams and they free range together, all the other birds eat and are fine, their stools seem normal, one of my bantams had chicks a week ago and they are acting normal. Any idea of what it is? I will try to show some pics of the diarrhea tomorrow. She didn't Got worse but i am worried that this is serious and if she needs to go to the vet, and i don't want to go to the vet just to find that it was to late...and today there are no vets open where i live.
I apreciate any help, thanks!

Last edited:
I didn't got her to a vet, she started to improve day by day...now she is fully recovered, i think it was a crop problem due to something she has eaten...well thank you for the reply! everything is fine now:)

Back
Top Bottom