Sick hen?

Sclark0012

Songster
Dec 14, 2020
I have a hen that seems off balance when she is standing and walking. She is walking slightly hunched over as well. I gave them some corn and she went after it like normal, but just side stepping to catch herself. Im not 100% how old she is because she was given to me. I would say maybe 5 or 6 years old. RIR. Im really afraid it might be Mareks... Any advice? Im sort of new into the chicken world and have never had to deal with any real illnesses yet..

Check her ears for yellow, cheesy gunk. If she has this, it maybe an ear infection.
No yellow stuff. I have her separated from the rest of the flock for now. She seems to cross her legs when walking. And then she just sits like the photo attached. She is up and moving around, pecking at things, but holding herself close to the ground.
20220501_195223.jpg

No yellow stuff. I have her separated from the rest of the flock for now. She seems to cross her legs when walking. And then she just sits like the photo attached. She is up and moving around, pecking at things, but holding herself close to the ground.View attachment 3088386
Thinking either Marek's Disease, or a vitamin deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom