sick hen

retiredbeba

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 2, 2017
Hello everyone! I'm not experienced with chickens so I need your help. We just bought 4 new girls and one of them is making a crackling noise and staying to herself. She has diarrhea with chunks bloody stuff in it. She still eats and drinks but seems lethargic. I've been using VetRX because it sounds respiratory. What else can I do? I picked her up and she feels really hot. Help please!

Can you post a video of the sounds she’s making and a picture of her poop?😊
How long ago did you get the hens?
It might also be a good idea to separate her from the flock if you haven’t already😊

Oh dear, that sounds like an infection somewhere or very bad coccidiosis.
Vet rx isn't medicine, it's Vicks rub for chickens. It won't treat or cure anything.
When did you get them and where? Can you get pictures of the poop?

It might also be a good idea to separate her from the flock if you haven’t already😊
I've had her a week. She was making that sound when we first got her. We got her from a guy that buys alot at a time from a hatchery. I have a video and a picture but not sure how to upload it to this site.

I've had her a week. She was making that sound when we first got her. We got her from a guy that buys alot at a time from a hatchery. I have a video and a picture but not sure how to upload it to this site.
You need upload the video to a video hosting site and link back as for the picture, press attach files, choose your picture, load that and tap again to decide how big you want it.

Attachments

• 20230123_113632.jpg
    20230123_113632.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 3

Hello everyone! I'm not experienced with chickens so I need your help. We just bought 4 new girls and one of them is making a crackling noise and staying to herself. She has diarrhea with chunks bloody stuff in it. She still eats and drinks but seems lethargic. I've been using VetRX because it sounds respiratory. What else can I do? I picked her up and she feels really hot. Help please!

Back
Top Bottom