Sick Lacender Orpington Rooster

Nathan2002nm

Chirping
6 Years
May 11, 2016
I have a Lavender Orpington which I think is a rooster and he has a eye that always stays bad looking and I am using vetRX for that but I noticed that all his poop sticks by his vent feathers and he's 6 months old and shouldn't do that and I seen that he pooped and I took a pic to ask you if it looks wrong? :(

Can you post a picture of the eye? Does he have other symptoms, such as nasal drainage, foam or pus in the eye, coughing, wheezing, or other? Tylan or oxytetracycline may be used for respiratory infections such as mycoplasma or coryza. I would give him some probiotic plain yogurt in his food, and clean his rearend off with soap and water. Having runny droppings from a respiratory infection, or from just drinking a lot of water during hot weather, can coat the feathers below the vent. Droppings should be removed so that flies don't deposit maggot larvae there, which can lead to flystrike. Trimming excess feathers may also help.

Can you post a picture of the eye? Does he have other symptoms, such as nasal drainage, foam or pus in the eye, coughing, wheezing, or other? Tylan or oxytetracycline may be used for respiratory infections such as mycoplasma or coryza. I would give him some probiotic plain yogurt in his food, and clean his rearend off with soap and water. Having runny droppings from a respiratory infection, or from just drinking a lot of water during hot weather, can coat the feathers below the vent. Droppings should be removed so that flies don't deposit maggot larvae there, which can lead to flystrike. Trimming excess feathers may also help.
There is the pics of the eye, and his moth is dirty because he was eating feed of the ground which was wet and I don't think that he has any other symptoms except that he holds one wing down a lot!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom