sick quail! Help!

It's great that it's eating! Quail seem to be able to get over almost anything as long as they are strong enough to keep eating till it passes. Maybe you could shape the towel so it keeps him/her in the right position for eating and drinking?
Could be the taste of the electrolytes that makes it shake its head..? Maybe try giving it water without electrolytes and see if it drinks more?

image.jpeg
It's great that it's eating! Quail seem to be able to get over almost anything as long as they are strong enough to keep eating till it passes. Maybe you could shape the towel so it keeps him/her in the right position for eating and drinking?
Could be the taste of the electrolytes that makes it shake its head..? Maybe try giving it water without electrolytes and see if it drinks more?
That was a good idea, I made him a nest with a towel. He on his tippy toes, he doesn't relax down. I still have to bring his bowls one at a time. I tried setting a table with food and plain fresh water accessible but once in a while he shakes his head and wings violently and knocks everything off. I've been doing some reading and I think they might be seizures. I hope this is not a permanent thing...

image.jpeg
Just an update...my quail is ok, back in the cage for 2 weeks now. Turns out it's a boy, Rose is now Ross. He will likely never walk normally again but he seams happy and full of energy. He leans on the walls to walk so I make sure the food and water is by the walls. I even gave him a couple of females to pass time. They had been pecked badly by an aggressive male a while back so they were on their own. He try's to mount them but always looses his balance. ...he can keep trying lol!

Ohh, poor boy! But it sure sounds like you are spoiling him as much as possible :)
I guess he had a stroke or something like that, since he still doesn't walk properly..
Thanks for the update and good luck with him.

Back
Top Bottom