sick RIR hen for 3 weeks now. No better but still alive

Cindychlvr

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 16, 2011

I really would love some feedback!! I have enclosed some pictures. These are of her pooh and the stuff stuck to her feathers. This stuff started out REALLY smelly, but that has stopped. Her pooh has been yellowish with dark green stuff in it. She has been sick for about 3 weeks. She is about 1 1/2 years old. It started with her all puffed out almost looking broody. But this was different. She was sleeping while standing in the nest box in the middle of the afternoon. I have tried antibiotics, she is isolated, i tried ACV , epsom salt. Now I am worming her. She has not eaten in about a week. I picked her up. She is skin and bones. I have a flock of about 100, so going to extreme measures to save her is not a option. All other birds in her flock are fine. I had another pullet from another flock start with similar symptoms. That one died already...any ideas out there?

I'm scratching my head...

Thank You!!

looks like a broken egg just soak her in warm water a clean her vent (spotless) be gentle and keep her in a clean sanitary place like in your house dont keep her in the coop because it is dirty with all of the dirt and bugs and see if you can call your vet and get an appoitment

gleet ..? giver her a bath and clean her vent area well. Dry her and apply Nu Stock. You need to clean off her feathers and vent area really well a few times a week until she is well. (If it is gleet)Put ACV in her drinking water.

Back
Top Bottom