Sick rooster with swollen ear

oakhavenmama

Songster
6 Years
Feb 14, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
Hi, one of my bantam roosters was fighting through the fence with another rooster. After a couple of days he started acting sick, standing with eyes closed and head down. One eye more closed than the other. At first I brought him inside and started him on Tylan. After a couple of days he didn’t seem better so I switched to amoxicillin. Also spraying his eyes with pink eye spray, antibiotic gel and antibiotic ointment twice a day. Then I had to go out of town and my daughter has been caring for him. He was eating boiled eggs but then wasn’t eating as much and his poops got runny. I asked her to switch to Corid and acidified copper sulfate. Today my daughter sent this oic of his ear that looks swollen. Please help! Any suggestions appreciated. I know I’ve been bouncing around on medications but really not sure what is the right thing to give him. Thanks so much.
E4C83EBD-7611-4B7E-B1D7-0572A8EB0F0C.jpeg

Hi, wanted to report in. Got back in town and decided to bring him to the vet. Ears ok but he has a massive infestation of capillary roundworms. And canker presumably from immune system taxed from worms. I had treated entire flock for roundworms last fall but I’ve been having a lot of wild birds in their coops recently. Have to get that situation fixed. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom