Sick silkie roundworm and additional issue

Snowball2021

Hatching
Apr 14, 2023
Hi all, advice needed. My two silkies had been subdued for a couple of days, behaving normally except not eating or drinking as much as usual and a little subdued with ruffled feathers. Friday morning one was dead and the other looked sick. Brought her inside immediately. Her eyes were mostly closed, not eating or drinking, standing all the time with ruffled feathers. I syringe fed her water for 24 hrs and she remained the same. No deterioration nor improvement. The following day she began eating and drinking when held infront of her and she passed a huge roundworm. I've been treating her for roundworm and she's passed many more. However she remained the same. Swelling on one side of her head & wattle, unable to open that eye, scratching that side and tilting head heavily that side when eating and drinking. She's had vermX, poultry detox, small amounts of Baytril, ibuprofen, magnesium baths daily, calcium, massage, oregano, garlic. I can't get a vet to see her until Tuesday when the bird flu restrictions are lifted and I fear she won't make it. She's walking around a lot today but her balance is off and I don't think she can see at all. She's barely eaten or drunk today because she's disorientated and cant work out where the food/water are when I hold them up to her. She also appears to be struggling to swallow today. She hasn't been beak open at all and appears to be breathing normally. I'm unsure what is wrong and what else I can do.

VermX is an ineffective product, you need to get a real wormer as she's likely backed up with them.
Give her some vitamin e and b complex as silkies often suffer from vitamin deficiency. 400.i.u vitamin E and a sliver of a B complex tablet.

VermX is an ineffective product, you need to get a real wormer as she's likely backed up with them.
Give her some vitamin e and b complex as silkies often suffer from vitamin deficiency. 400.i.u vitamin E and a sliver of a B complex tablet.
Thankyou, VermX is all I could get although it's more of a preventative. It has helped her pass them though. I have had to order Fenbendazole as I couldn't get it anywhere locally. I will try the vitamins, thankyou so much.

IMG_20230414_190205.jpg

Back
Top Bottom