Sick Turkey

MamaLynn23

Songster
Jan 9, 2021
We bought a new Tom and his two lady friends a couple of weeks ago. they have integrated into our mixed flock fairly well, though the new tom and our original and our rooster still scuffle a bit. However the new tom was less active than he usually is yesterday. I didn't think much of it because we had a cool front come in with some scattered rain and I figured he was just a little bit blue because of the weather. This morning however I noticed that his head and waddle thingy are very dull looking and he is even more slow and inactive. What could be wrong with him and how should I treat it?

We bought a new Tom and his two lady friends a couple of weeks ago. they have integrated into our mixed flock fairly well, though the new tom and our original and our rooster still scuffle a bit. However the new tom was less active than he usually is yesterday. I didn't think much of it because we had a cool front come in with some scattered rain and I figured he was just a little bit blue because of the weather. This morning however I noticed that his head and waddle thingy are very dull looking and he is even more slow and inactive. What could be wrong with him and how should I treat it?
Is blackhead a problem in your area?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/blackhead-histomoniasis-references.1404177/

This is him
F783AB7B-1F29-49F4-859C-F51E64D9BAF9.jpeg
F783AB7B-1F29-49F4-859C-F51E64D9BAF9.jpeg
89BF91BF-7A79-4949-9070-6218DDB53624.jpeg

I am not entirely sure if it was his poop, but I saw some next to him earlier that looked a little watery.

I gave him some feed coated in just a little bit of the pepto-type medicine we give our sheep when they have the runs... he only ate a little of it.

Back
Top Bottom