SickLavender orp

brett1984

In the Brooder
Jan 28, 2017
Alabama
I have a lavender orp who is around a year old. She is a very friendly chicken who laid regularly. Then suddenly she stopped laying and spends the majority of her time sitting/laying on the ground during the day. I noticed tonight she didn't fly up to roost just sat on the floor in the coop. Her being much less active has been going on for almost a month. She is one of our friendliest birds and is my sons fsborite. I just have no clue what could be wrong!! She eats and drinks fine she's just much less active, stopped laying and won't roost. Please help.
Side note we have gotten several different new birds lately and increased our flocks size. I thought this could be stress related. Just not sure please help.

Attachments

• IMG_2742.JPG
    IMG_2742.JPG
    374.3 KB · Views: 30
I have a lavender orp who is around a year old. She is a very friendly chicken who laid regularly. Then suddenly she stopped laying and spends the majority of her time sitting/laying on the ground during the day. I noticed tonight she didn't fly up to roost just sat on the floor in the coop. Her being much less active has been going on for almost a month. She is one of our friendliest birds and is my sons fsborite. I just have no clue what could be wrong!! She eats and drinks fine she's just much less active, stopped laying and won't roost. Please help.
Side note we have gotten several different new birds lately and increased our flocks size. I thought this could be stress related. Just not sure please help.

This might be signs of a small stroke? I had a buckeye that walked around in a circle and seemed disoriented. I kept her solitary until I could get her eating and drinking on her own, then put her back into the flock but she wouldn't ever go to roost. She's special and I now lift her up every night to roost. She'll hop down but hasn't ever been the same since. Hey laying ended up returning back to normal once she got stronger with the proper diet. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom