Sickly poult (VERY WORRIED!!)

shailey

Songster
5 Years
Sep 11, 2017
I have a three week old standard bronze poult who I've been overly obsessive and worried over recent. He's completely alone so he spends all his time with me apart from when I sit with him so he can eat and drink. (About 30 minutes every hour.) The people I bought him from were extremely negligent. I had bought two poults but when I got them home I noticed one had the MOST severe case of pasty butt I'd ever seen, she passed away that day. Ever since I've been extremely cautious and worried over the other, Kaisellin. Three days ago I noticed some blood in his poo, immediately worried but figured I'd put him on corid and watch how he does. (I know it could be intestinal shedding as well.) He improved and became more active but recently, he still has blood in his poop. His poop varies from a bit bloody, to normal, to super watery, to foamy and weird colored. He also has a VERY slightly raspy peep. Like it's not super raspy but it's not clear. I am SO worried about him, but am I over thinking it? Any ideas? (He eats and drinks perfectly fine, and is pretty active. I've never had turkeys before so I'm not sure how active they should be but tonight he seems a bit lathargic. Please help! Any advice?? (I e attached some pictures, the one of him sleeping was from tonight. (Both are from today) He also sneezes after drinking often and seems to swallow weird, or maybe it's normal??)
20220519_203202.jpg
20220519_092338_HDR.jpg

How's it doing any better or worse?
Honestly he's about the same. I gave him probiotics for two days straight and he perked up and seemed better, but he still seems off. I didn't notice any blood in his stool until this morning, but it was a very little amount. He seems overly tired, but other then that seems okay. I believe the raspy peep is just his voice maturing

I have a three week old standard bronze poult who I've been overly obsessive and worried over recent. He's completely alone so he spends all his time with me apart from when I sit with him so he can eat and drink. (About 30 minutes every hour.) The people I bought him from were extremely negligent. I had bought two poults but when I got them home I noticed one had the MOST severe case of pasty butt I'd ever seen, she passed away that day. Ever since I've been extremely cautious and worried over the other, Kaisellin. Three days ago I noticed some blood in his poo, immediately worried but figured I'd put him on corid and watch how he does. (I know it could be intestinal shedding as well.) He improved and became more active but recently, he still has blood in his poop. His poop varies from a bit bloody, to normal, to super watery, to foamy and weird colored. He also has a VERY slightly raspy peep. Like it's not super raspy but it's not clear. I am SO worried about him, but am I over thinking it? Any ideas? (He eats and drinks perfectly fine, and is pretty active. I've never had turkeys before so I'm not sure how active they should be but tonight he seems a bit lathargic. Please help! Any advice?? (I e attached some pictures, the one of him sleeping was from tonight. (Both are from today) He also sneezes after drinking often and seems to swallow weird, or maybe it's normal??) View attachment 3115461View attachment 3115463
Examples of the blood found in his droppings
20220526_064357.jpg
20220524_073106.jpg

How are they doing? I'm currently suffering a similar issue with my baby turkey to!
He’s doing great! He’s kind of become a little menace with how much energy he has lol I started him on a higher dose of corid then I had him on before (2 tsp per gallon for 5-7 days. I was worried it may harm him even though I knew it it probably wouldn't, so I had been giving him 1 1/2 tsp.) I also gave him plenty of probiotics and electrolytes after, and the bloody stools seem to have stopped. I hope your turkey gets better soon!

He’s doing great! He’s kind of become a little menace with how much energy he has lol I started him on a higher dose of corid then I had him on before (2 tsp per gallon for 5-7 days. I was worried it may harm him even though I knew it it probably wouldn't, so I had been giving him 1 1/2 tsp.) I also gave him plenty of probiotics and electrolytes after, and the bloody stools seem to have stopped. I hope your turkey gets better soon!
That's great news ^.^! What type of Probiotics/electrolytes brand did you use? I have a hard time trying to find a good brand that doesn't make the water gooey..

That's great news ^.^! What type of Probiotics/electrolytes brand did you use? I have a hard time trying to find a good brand that doesn't make the water gooey..
My all time favorite is Hyro-hen, it's probiotics, electrolytes, and acidifiers mixed. (3 in 1) I prefer this one because it's just easier lol another brand I always have on hand is save a chick. They come in three packet bundles, and are really great to have on hand. They can both be found at tractor supply ^^

Back
Top Bottom