Sigrid van Dort articles in English?

Quote:
woot.gif
I got my book this week from Jerry! It's great!
thumbsup.gif

I ordered my copy from Jerry yesterday 12/13/10
I specifically asked him how many he had "after" shipping mine. He stated he would have 7 left.
He was Lightning fast at responding to my request for purchase.

The Only Way to get 1 is to email Jerry. It is very easy.
email him At jerschex AT A O L dot C0m

Look folk... If Sigi does not have ANY left, and Jerry has the only ones left....
...then THERE ARE ONLY 7 IN EXISTANCE ON EARTH for sale right now and they are all in Jerry's hands....

My understanding is that there are no publishers that are interested in a reprint.
The value of this Book will go to the moon after they are sold out. "Already $105 including shipping to the US."

If you want this book, or think you may ever want this book....
GET IT NOW...

Last edited:
I have just enough publishing knowledge to know that the printing of a book is very expensive. The typical paperback uses inexpensive paper and only black ink, and still runs $5-$10 per copy. Printing on high-quality, heavy weight glossy paper in full colour is very expensive. To break even, a certain number of copies must be sold, and for a book with a relatively small customer base, I would expect that many publishers would be a bit wary. Take into account the amount of time it has taken to sell the English copies that were printed the first time and I can understand why finding a publisher would be difficult. If the first printing had been bought up in a month with purchasers turned away, the story would probably be different. We are a very niche market, and I have heard many people say they are passing on the book because of its price. Trust me, the book would be worth double the price, but some simply cannot afford it, and some are unwilling to pay $100 for a book.

Marketing the book as a text for genetics or poultry science courses at universities could help increase the number of potential purchasers and increase the interest of publishers. Keeping a list of those who are willing to purchase up front might make a difference (assuming there are sufficient people willing to do so). I know that there are printed on-demand books available, don't know how that would affect cost or publisher interest, but it might be an avenue worth exploration for Sigrid & David.

I’m looking for this book or a chicken color genetic book. Is there anything out there now, since this was 8 years ago?

seramasllc.weebly.com
I don't know what the prefix is on this URL.
Jerry's website.
Sigrid Van Dort website:
www.chickencolours.com
I own the Colours book and it is worth every penny!!! Not only is it easy to understand...the back half of the book is a pictorial encyclopedia of poultry color pics, each captioned by the colors genetic formula.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
seramasllc.weebly.com
I don't know what the prefix is on this URL.
Jerry's website.
Sigrid Van Dort website:
www.chickencolours.com
I own the Colours book and it is worth every penny!!! Not only is it easy to understand...the back half of the book is a pictorial encyclopedia of poultry color pics, each captioned by the colors genetic formula.
Best,
Karen

I’ve looked this up, but it only says in Euros. Is there still not a source closer? I’d like to get a couple, but ugh.

Look up the XE currency converter online. It is the best one because it is live rates. That will get you USD.
Best,
Karen

Back
Top Bottom