Silkie and Ayam Cemani Guess a-long!

menchelke

Chirping
Mar 28, 2023
Golden Valley Arizona 86413
(Guess the sex! This is for fun, will update in a few weeks when they have GROWN!)

My single Ayam Cemani hatchling needed some companions so I called my friend and she offered me these 2 silkies. She said they are about a week apart, and the younger of the two is about a week older than the Cemani. I don't know there actual hatcch days. She has lots of birds, and didn't tell me exact. I am just glad it has a mini flock now. Cemani Hatched July 12th. MY autistic son named it Dark Falco!

The larger Silkie's name is ClodZilla. The smaller is a lil cuddle monster, so that might become her name.

My opinions are larger silkie is cockerel, smaller is pullet, and the Cemani is pullet. I do think I see the beginnings of wattles on the larger silkie, but he should only just now be coming up on 3 weeks, if that, maybe into the 2nd week, or coming out of the 2nd week.

Last edited:
Much too early to sex these. These silkies are bearded and bearded birds have little to no wattle development in most cases. Have to judge by comb with all of them when the time comes. Or if you are impatient you can send in samples for genetic testing, which will determine gender. Lots of people do that with Silkies because they are so difficult.

Much too early to sex these. These silkies are bearded and bearded birds have little to no wattle development in most cases. Have to judge by comb with all of them when the time comes. Or if you are impatient you can send in samples for genetic testing, which will determine gender. Lots of people do that with Silkies because they are so difficult.
Oh I know. That is why this is a guess-A-Long. Put in your best guess!

Back
Top Bottom