Silkie and orpington mix

Probably not. Are yours bearded silkies? Beards reduce wattle size, and beards will show up in the first generation crosses. Some silkies also carry pea comb genes, which reduce wattle size and also show up in first generation crosses.
All of my silkies dont have beards, I mean they have some feathering but you can still see their eyes and beaks a little. My black ones comb and wattle are so small she just looks combless

Oh I understand, thanks. Is the naked neck genetic? If not and its just by chance, I think 1 of my 4 chicks might be a show silkie, this chick just doesn't seem to wanna grow neck feathers
Naked necks are genetic. Naked necks are dominant, so one parent must be a naked neck for a chick to have a naked neck. Do you have a picture of your chick?

You might want look into getting the Aloha chicken, it’s a fairly new breed being developed by breeders primarily in Arizona due to their heat tolerant nature. Look them up online they’re actually quite pretty with a speckled pattern similar to speckled Sussex but with a white background.😊

20210104_165230.jpg
20210104_165234.jpg
20210130_080636.jpg
20210507_180017.jpg

The silkies with the weird head feathers is peaches, this was just after it rained and her feathers are normal again

The last one is mommy shadow with the kids. Yes she took in eggs from a peaches, which was fertilized by my white rooster koa so thats why none are black chicks but all are white chicks

View attachment 2657102View attachment 2657103View attachment 2657105View attachment 2657106
The silkies with the weird head feathers is peaches, this was just after it rained and her feathers are normal again

The last one is mommy shadow with the kids. Yes she took in eggs from a peaches, which was fertilized by my white rooster koa so thats why none are black chicks but all are white chicks
Those are bearded silkies. The beard is the large tuft of feathers beneath their beak. It will take at least two generations to get rid of the beards.

Back
Top Bottom