Silkie and poop in feathers

Maverick1

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2020
My silkie has got some poop on and matted into her feathers this has happened before alot and not that long ago I gave her a bath to get it all out. I cant keep giving her baths so how should I deal with this? She sleeps on the bottom roost while everyone sleeps on the top so I know how she gets pooped on. I cant put her up on the top bc then they'll pick on her plus she likes to sleep by the window which is the bottom roost
Put up a new roost for her away from the other chickens. When it is dark and she is on the poop perch move her to the new one. Do this every night until she gets used to sleeping there and she will go to that perch everyday on her own and be a clean bird.

Silkielee

Songster
Aug 18, 2019
Australia
Alright I think I'll raise the lower one but I dont know if shell be able to get to it if I raise it so idk
Can you put a ramp up for her to get to the roost herself?.. Or have the low roost and get her a little Silkie friend to snuggle with? :D what are your other breeds?

Annalyse

Songster
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
Can you put a ramp up for her to get to the roost herself?.. Or have the low roost and get her a little Silkie friend to snuggle with? :D what are your other breeds?
Shes my only silkie the rest are standard birds. She doesnt like to leave them because they keep her warm and she knows it.

Top Bottom