Silkie Attack!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChooksinChoppers, May 18, 2011.

1. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    We had to move our Silkies (3months old) into the newly built coop before it was "really" finished. Last night I was helping our tennant Arron modify a couple of areas inside the coop, but I was really worrying that all the hammering and having 2 humans inside there, would scare them to death! we had to have coop open so I blocked it with a peice of chip board that we could step over and prevent them from running out. I was watching them as he sawed the bits we needed and they didnt seem toooo concerned with that racket.....so with work light glaring and keeping them awake we were both in the coop. I was holding up peices of pre cut lumber and he nailed them in a pretty tight spot. I was crouched down, hands occupied, the hammering at such close quarters making my ears ring..............all of a sudden I feel pecking on my butt! [​IMG]

2. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    [​IMG] they are certainly not shy, are they!!

3. ChooksinChoppers

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:Shy is NOT what they are! [​IMG] Love em to peices!

4. RMDelete

RMDelete Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    Escondido
    haha telling you to move your butt and finish the work so they could take advantage of their awesome new home :p cute hahaha

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Beats a goose. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ChooksinChoppers

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:So you know what it feels like to be goosed by a goose? [​IMG]

7. or nibbled by a duck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by