Silkie Attacked...HELP

PDurkin

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 27, 2010
Country boy at heart
My splash silkie pullet "Chloe" was free ranging today with my flock of ducks and my rooster "Craig". I was doing work inside and last saw her around 4 pm by the river relaxing and being ever so cute. Well today when I went out for about 30 minutes I came home to find Craig alone in the coop and the rest of my flock of ducks free ranging in peace. I spent 20 minutes loooking for chloe until I found a pile of feathers -- no blood or sign of struggle. What could this predator be? I am stumped
he.gif

I live in Southwestern Connecticut
The night earlier a pack of coyotes were trying to break into the coop but I scared them away, I don't think this was them because I live in a fairly populated area with little room for them to hunt, especially in the day light.

HELP ME PLEASE. I Want to find out what it is and arm myself properly.
This means WAR
NO CHICKEN LEFT BEHIND.

I AM FURIOUS
somad.gif

I live in the middle of the city--not at all rural--and we have occasional daylight sightings of coyotes in the neighborhood, as well as at least one mid-afternoon attack on a flock several years ago.

I'm sorry for your loss
sad.png
but it does seem like the coyotes are the likely predator since you have seen them previously.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom