Male or Female?

Attachments

• IMG_5123.JPG
    IMG_5123.JPG
    615.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5127.jpg
    IMG_5127.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 22
Much too young to be definite but the waddles on the buff make me think rooster. Give them more time.

Much too young to be definite but the waddles on the buff make me think rooster. Give them more time.
We are thinking roosters too based on what we see so far so I thought I would post and get opinions from others. My daughter is going to heart broken since we can't keep roosters where we live. We thought if we got two one might be a hen.

Thank you! Problem is while we wait we run out of time to get more babies with our suppliers around here in Florida to see if we can get a female. I guess that is the chance we have to take. Don't want to accidentally give a female away, especailly now that we are attached!!!

Anytime you buy a silkie at less that 4-5 mos. of age, you are likely to end up with a cockerel. It's also best to post photos of them facing front, with crest held back or tied back with a hair tie. We need to see entire comb.

I wish your supplier, whom ever, was a breeder - whether you want show quality or not, they know the breed so much better. I'm sure they are some real breeders of silkies in FL.

Once you have 20 posts you can participate in the BYC Buy,sell, trade forum.
I haven't checked them out lately. But they usually had silkies available - good ones.

Anytime you buy a silkie at less that 4-5 mos. of age, you are likely to end up with a cockerel. It's also best to post photos of them facing front, with crest held back or tied back with a hair tie. We need to see entire comb.

I wish your supplier, whom ever, was a breeder - whether you want show quality or not, they know the breed so much better. I'm sure they are some real breeders of silkies in FL.

Once you have 20 posts you can participate in the BYC Buy,sell, trade forum.
I haven't checked them out lately. But they usually had silkies available - good ones.
This place was tragic where we got them, it was awful...I felt like I was rescuing them. I do need to find a better place preferably a reputable breeder.

Back
Top Bottom