Silkie bitten by dog, wound has maggots in it.

She has fly strike. The maggots are eating her up. She needs bathed, and as many flushed & removed as possible. There is a product called capstar which is to kill fleas for cats or dogs and given internally. It is the only thing that will surely help at this point. You could try ivermectin but i think the capstar concentration is what is needed. Dose like a cat/ kitten.
I treated her for the maggots the wound is all healed up now, I moved her inside so she could recover with no flys around. She's started eating as of tonight, scratching around and preening,. She's looking good! šŸŽ‰šŸ˜

OK so now her poops are green. Could it be from the multivitamin water I've been giving her? Or just because she's stressed and sick?
She's seems to better now, acting normal and eating. But the dark green poop has thrown me. This morning they were small dry little pieces of green, and tonight it was a nice poop shape with a white cap on it and it was of good moisture content. Shes been inside all week and hasn't eaten anything green other that a few sprouted buckwheat kernals which aren't really that green....
šŸ¤” Hmmmmm

It sounds like the green bile poop is working its way out. She seems like she quickly getting back on track.
Bile poop, oh yes that makes sense I hadn't considered that. This morning I found a lovely normal looking poop, still a bit green in the brown part, but looking SO much healthier and normal! šŸ˜šŸ‘ŒšŸŽ‰ Thanks for everyones help and support. This website and online forums are a huge comfort when dealing with a sick chicken. So thank you all so much for your inputs.

Hopefully that's all you'll be hearing from me about Maggi (I named her Maggi cos that's the name of my friends dog that attacked her, and because of the maggot issue we had šŸ˜‚, & I just think it's a cute name for her) I'll give her 1 week to fully recover and have her seperated from my flock in her own small coop, then I will
grate her into my own flock of silkies ā¤ļø
Over and out šŸ„

Attachments

• IMG_20220119_070835.jpg
    IMG_20220119_070835.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom