Silkie Black JG

Alex_Zurago

Chirping
May 6, 2021
I have been looking for a breed to add silkie feathering, fibromelanism, and polydactyly to a breed project I'm working on. I'd like to use pure silkies but it would be of detriment to the size I'm looking for. Question for people who bred Silkie, Black Jersey Giant Crosses, did they have Fibro and polydactyly, and how big did they get?

I have been looking for a breed to add silkie feathering, fibromelanism, and polydactyly to a breed project I'm working on. I'd like to use pure silkies but it would be of detriment to the size I'm looking for. Question for people who bred Silkie, Black Jersey Giant Crosses, did they have Fibro and polydactyly, and how big did they get?
You'll have to do a few generations to get any decent results

Heritage Plymouth Barred Rocks would probably be helpful with what you want in size. They're huge.

I'll have to get some pictures of the Rooster, with me holding him. I'll get a measurement too.

If you want to use Jersey Giants you can do that too.

Back
Top Bottom