silkie blue/black /splash question

finally an updated picture. barring on the wing tips and just a tough of gray in the tail but nothing yet on the neck or elsewhere. about 4 weeks old now.
1961_may2011_113.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
except it has zero markings on the body except the wing tips and tail. I'm still expecting to see this gray on the neck like a columbian pattern but so far, nothing there.

time for an update. super chick as the bird has become known is now grown and is beautiful.
mostly white with a slight pale red overlay (it doesn't photograph) and color is black , not barred, not mottled (not sure what it is) on the wing tips and end of the tail. more of a random black/white in those areas. also seems to have the occasional gray feather on her/his back.
1961_chicks2011july_019.jpg

1961_chicks2011july_015.jpg

I also have a new mystery chick. this one hatched black and is now areas are turning white. I've had them hatch "smokey" and turn white but this one is really different.
the wing tips are black, wide white and then black at the base. yes, it's a sizzle.
1961_chicks2011july_004.jpg

Quote:
I didn't, mostly because I didn't know at the time, but now, I'm pretty sure dad is my black roo and mom is probably one of my whites. I thought mom was a splash but I have since separated out the splash hen (sex was unknown at the time but thought to be the parent) and that one has not laid since this chick hatch, probably has not laid ever.

Back
Top Bottom