Silkie Boschveld cross? Think i am the first.

PoultryPro

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2023
Hi guys, i made a Silkie Boschvelder cross. I think all of you know what a Silkie is but how about a Boschvelder. A Boschvelder is a chicken indigenous to South Africa. It is made of Venda, Ovambo and Matabele chickens. They are very rare. I have a breeding pair and 8 chicks. So back to the story, all my chickens freerange together and sleep together in a coop at night until i build coops for every breed. And so the silkie started to lay her eggs under the sheep shed i noticed and moved her to a nesting box and she started to brood her eggs. I was so exited to see what comes out! Then on day 20 the eggs hatched (there was 10 eggs and 9 hatched) and i was able to witness every think. And i puzzeld out who is the farther of most exept 2 (2 Brussbar x 2 OEG x 2 Cochin x and 1 pure Silkie) as they grew older i noticed the one was another pure silkie and the other one a..... Silkie Boschvelder cross! I was very delighted to know i may be the first one to cross a Boschvelder whith a Silkie! I had to post about this. Thank you for reading. Regards PoultryPro.

Hello @PoultryPro , That sounds amazing! First off I hope you are the first one to breed Silkies and Boshvelder and secondly very adorable story about your Silkie :) and her going broody 🥰. Is this picture below of the breed Boshvelder? I just copied it from the internet lol 😆:) but I wanted to see what it looked like:)
1708353525644.png

Thanks, my phone does not want to upload fotos. I am interested in chicks and sexing. Where are you located and phone number if you wil be so kind. Have a very nice day
Michigan is my location, it's in my profile if selected.

Phone number will have to be shared in a conversation, not in a public thread.

Back
Top Bottom