Silkie-Buff Orp crosses

Chicabee19

Songster
11 Years
Aug 8, 2008
n/a
what sort of eggs can one expect from a Silkie-Orp cross?

Are all such crosses really lovely?

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but I hope you're going to use bantam buff orps with this cross. Large fowl would probably kill a silkie.

Jody

hi Jody,

well... I wasn't planning on doing the cross myself. I was thinking more like WTB.

smile.png

Well, i have actually had this cross before. I had a Buff silkie Roo in with LF buff Orps.
hu.gif
They turned out with all hard feathers with Crest on top of head. Not as large as Orps.
tongue2.gif
. They were kind of cute but I sold them at auction since I am not working on those kind of crosses.:eek:

I have a silkie roo and a silkie hen. The roo mates with all the standard hens but not the silkie. well anyway 4 chicks hatched yesterday, all silkie crosses. The silkie hatched them.

1. we think is a dark brahma silkie cross (which is good because our hen died last week to an unknown illness. She has five toes, blue skin.

2. A salmon faverolle chick with black stripes on its back (which is weird cuz how could a white silkie give black stripes to a chick? bluish skin but not dark blue, soft blue and of corse 5 toes

3. A barred rock chick with no yellow spots and oddly blue feet and one leg has 4 toes and one has 5!

5. A orpington cross, small for a orp, less orange, a weird black spot on her head. 4 toes and orangy pinkish feet and legs.

Couldn't tell you much since they are only a day old.

Back
Top Bottom